Date: 25 July 2016
Wanted - five new Public Governors for the RUH
The Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust is looking for five new Governors to help shape its services and plan for the future.
There are five Public Governor vacancies across: City of Bath, North East Somerset, Mendip, North Wiltshire and South Wiltshire.
Brian Stables, Trust Chairman says: "Our current Governors are coming to the end of their term, so now we're looking for five new Public Governors to help and support us with the exciting plans we have for the RUH. I hope people will see this election as an opportunity to put their name forward."
Amanda Buss, current Public Governor, City of Bath says:
"I have always been a passionate supporter of the NHS, and when the opportunity to become a governor arose, I felt that I wanted to contribute. I am proud to have been elected as a governor and would encourage anyone interested in supporting the NHS to put themselves forward."
Members can put their name forward for the election by completing a nomination form and returning it to the Electoral Reform Services by 5th September 2016.
Mr Stables commented: "Becoming a Public Governor is a great opportunity to make a contribution to the continuing development of the RUH and its role within our local communities. I believe that in order to operate at its best the Trust must engage, listen and work with the community that it serves.
Therefore, if you have the enthusiasm, a few hours each week to spare, enjoy talking to people in your community, and finding out what matters to them plus have a desire to make a difference, now is the time to put your name forward for the elections. But please ensure you are a Trust member.
If you're successful and are elected as a Public Governor, you'll help shape our services by representing members' views and ensuring they are fed back to the Board of Directors."
Members will be able to vote for their preferred candidate from Tuesday 27th September and the newly elected Governors for their constituency will run until
31st October 2019.
A handbook on the role of a Public Governor is available for anyone interested in standing for the elections. Copies can be requested via the Membership office.
To request a nomination form, call: 020 8889 9203 or email: Ciara.email@example.com from the Electoral Reform Services (ERS).
- This is the first constituency-wide election for Governors since becoming an NHS Foundation Trust hospital in 2014
- You must be a Member to be able to become a Governor. All members of the public who wish to become NHS Foundation Trust members must complete a membership form (available from the Membership Office) or sign-up online
- The Electoral Reform Services (ERS) will act as our Returning Officer and the nomination form will be available directly from them
- About our Governors – our Council of Governors is made up of 21 elected and appointed Governors. Collectively, it represents the interests of more than 15,000 people who have become a Member of the RUH
- For more information about the role of a Governor please contact the RUH Membership Office on 01225 821299