Date: 30 January 2017
RUH staff honoured at annual awards ceremony
Staff at The Royal United Hospitals, Bath NHS Foundation Trust celebrated their achievements and their commitment to further improve patient care at the annual awards ceremony held in Bath's Assembly Rooms.
The staff awards were attended by a range of staff from across the Trust. Alison Steadman OBE, TV, film and stage actor was on hand to present this year's awards.
Trust Chairman, Brian Stables said: "It was a fantastic evening which showcased the amazingly talented people we have at the RUH. Nominations for these awards are put forward by the staff and the finalists were shortlisted because of their dedication and professionalism to their patients.
"Our staff work incredibly hard to make a difference to our patients, and it's important to recognise their achievements. We are very proud of them all."
The winners are:
- Chief Executive's Customer Care of the Year Award: Sue Scott, Transfusion Specialist Nurse
- Team of the Year: The 'Front Door' group (who are made up of key frontline staff from the Emergency Department, ACE unit, Medical Assessment Unit, Surgical Assessment Unit, Medical Short Stay and Ambulatory Care)
- Patient Safety Award: Sarah Bond, Team Leader and Radiology Governance Lead
- Research and Development Award: Psychologically informed physiotherapy for chronic pain team
- Most Innovative Team of the Year Award: PET-CT Team who installed the PET-CT scanner
- Outstanding Student of the Year Award: Sarah Huxham, Assistant Practitioner, Cardiac Centre
- Personal Achievement Awards: Scott Buxton (ACE ward), Julie Wiggins (General Surgery), Rachel Davis (Palliative Care), Emma Houlihan (Complex Regional Pain and Breast Radiotherapy Injury Rehab Service), Shaun Mabbutt (Theatres) and Anna Pensom (Urology Outpatients)
After receiving The Chief Executive's Customer Care Award, Sue said:
"Winning this award was a complete surprise and I am delighted to have received it as a representative of all the nurses and health care professionals who constantly do their very best for our patients. Receiving my award from Alison Steedman was very exciting and it was a truly memorable evening."